CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Keeping Options Open

You never know where you are going to be in a month, in a few months, in a year from now. I like to keep my options open. I'd been hearing some rumors of possible sleep lab expansion to brentwood and rutherford county. Some of the girls I work with are considering leaving or transfering due to gas/driving distance or better pay at another lab. If the girls I work with leave, it would be very difficult for me to work with all these men and not my girls. With the thought of being pregnant and trying to get pregnant, my doctor was concerned with me working nights to begin with. So I have recently been considering going to days if the option was given to me.

Tonight I found myself in the tech room with Paul and no one else was around so I cornered him on the subject. I asked him if they were still looking at expansion and he said they were. I told him to keep me in mind for days and to know that I was interested. He was glad to hear that I was interested. Ben and I have discussed this issue and are not sure if this is what we want or what is best for us. I wanted to let him know that I was interested just in case after prayer and consideration that we find it is what we need to do. I have felt so strongly lately that it might be a good option, that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to Paul.

A day position would require I work 5 days a week, which would almost necessitate needing daycare but that is ok if that is what the Lord wants for us. Also, I have read recently that shift workers sometimes have a difficult time getting pregnant and having babies...so maybe I need to come off nights since I do not rest well. Anyway...things to ponder and pray about...because this might also be a drop in pay to go to days. We'll see.

0 comments: