CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 15, 2010

It's about time Publix!!

Well the holidays and their sales have come and gone. I've been watching the Publix B1G1 sales for the last couples weeks with some frustration. The items that have been on sale were not items that we needed, would use, or even wanted! So this week I perused the sale circular and wasn't very excited. The more I looked at it though, the more I realized wait...these are things we would use! The best part is that a lot of what was on sale were high priced items. So I was ticked to be able to save as much as I did. So it was time to stock up while I could get them cheap!I was able to get the Voila meals in a bag, V8 Splash, Quaker Oats Chewy Granola bars, Fruit roll ups (Ben likes these), Lenders Bagels, Del Monte canned vegetables, Duncan Heines brownies, Swiss Miss Cocoa, Kelloggs Cereal for B1G1!!!! It was great. The best part is that the deals were good enough that I was able to get other sale items and items that we just "needed" and still be able to keep overall cost savings at 50%.
Total before sales and coupons: $128.6
Total Publix and coupon savings: $65.36
Total cost after savings: $63.24!! Woo hoo
This was a great way to start the new pay period since Ben just got paid today. We are definitely good on groceries for a week or more!

0 comments: