CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Finally, Some Great News!!

Monday Ben called the Smyrna HR department to check on the status of the letters that will be sent out notifying the applicants of the test date for the written portion of the application process. HR told Ben that the fire department had all the applications and that they would be sending letters soon. Ben took this as good news and we waited for the letter to arrive.

Tuesday Ben and I both had to work. He calls me at work and tells me that he got a phone call from the fire department. The administrated called and told him that the test date would be Aug. 14 at 9am sharp. Ben got the details of where the test is held, etc. Then he said, so I guess you guys are calling everyone instead of sending them the letters. She said, no, we are still sending the letters but there are 2 or 3 people in particular that we wanted to call because we wanted to make sure that they would be there to test. She told Ben that they really liked what they saw on his application. She told him that there were 120 applicants and it looks like they will have 8-12 slots to fill due to retiring fire fighters and some who moved on to other departments.

Finally, some really good news from a fire department. Ben will be there that Tuesday morning with bells on. :) Hopefully he will do really well on the test and then come back for the physical agility test and then be hired on and then we MOVE to SMYRNA!!!!! He has asked for everyone to pray for him, so I would like to extend that to everyone. Please keep us in your prayers. This means the world to Ben!! It means a lot to me too because I'm getting tired of Winchester ;) and I want to see Ben in a career he loves 110%. I will keep everyone posted.