My sleep was completely broken today. I got home from work at 7am and went straight to bed. Ben woke me at 9 to tell me he was heading off to get a blessing from his dad before heading off to his test. Then I woke up around 12:25 because the house phone was ringing. I hate telemarketers by the way...they called 3 times during the 7 hours I TRIED sleeping. haha. I have the most annoying answering machine too...it beeps until you check the message if one is left. I hate it. Anyway, then ben texted me at 2:45 telling me about the test. Well then I just had to get up and talk to him about it.
He feels like he did really well considering. The test is no more than 150 questions. It is a computer adaptive test which means if you get a lot of questions wrong then the test will cut off early. If you keep doing ok then you get another question. Well one of Ben's classmate's test cut off at 80 questions and he failed. Then his buddy Chris ran out of time and he failed. Ben had 2.5 hrs for a 150 question test. He finished in 1.5 hours and answered all 150 questions. So it looks pretty good. Passing is 70%. That means he can't miss more than 45. Ben doesn't remember there being that many that he was unsure of.
While I was at work this evening, Ben comes in and he's on the phone with one of his classmates. He was telling Ben that he'd been checking the wrong part of the website for his test results. Ben finally gets to the right page on the website and he sees PARAMEDIC and he scrolls down really quickly and sees PASSED! He gets all excited. I hear that from another room, leave my patient and go jump him with a huge hug and kiss... Well...Ben got a little over excited...the PASSED was beside his practical exam which he took a week ago. The grades for his written exam are not posted until Friday. :( We got all excited over nothing. Hopefully we can relive that moment again.
In other news today. I got an email from the clinical director of Baptist Sleep Center. They want to meet with me. He called Cathy today and spoke with her about 30 minutes. Fortunately I was not the topic of conversation for the entire 30 minutes, but nonetheless Cathy told him that I was wonderful and knew what I was doing...fabulous! So I am meeting him Monday @ 10am. I am to bring my RPSGT certification, CPR card and my drivers license. Sure sounds to me like they are making a file on me...:)
7 years ago
2 comments:
Yay, I hope they hire you!
That sounds really good. They seem pretty interested. It must be a good sign
Post a Comment