I probably need to explain my title. I had an interview at Baptist but I will technically be an employee of St. Thomas. St. Thomas and Baptist sleep centers merged over a year ago and I guess all employees came under the umbrella of St. Thomas. Anyway...my meeting today (ignoring my nerves) went FABULOUS! Paul was great to meet with. He was totally laid back and easy to talk to. They are practically begging me to come work for them. Right now they are full staff on nights but they are in need of people to work part time. They have two shifts. Sun-Tues and Wed-Fri. They have one PRN person for Wed-Fri and no one for Sun-Tues. So this is where I come in. I will be their PRN for Sun-Thurs which is awesome since I work Wed-Fri in Winchester.
They will make me an official $$ offer today. He told me they could definitely pay me what I'm making now if not more. I told him that since I would be driving over 1.5 hrs that he'd have to make it worth my effort. So he said if I didn't like the first offer that he would make it better :) or try to anyway. So I am waiting on the offer. They will do a 4 hrs orientation, test me for TB and make sure I don't take drugs, then I am an official employee. I will shadow a night tech until I feel comfortable with their software and then I am solo after that. The shift I will be working with is the crew that I was around when I did my clinical there for school. I can't wait because they are the fun group! What's more is that most people there have 15+ years in the field of sleep which is intimidating but also a great opportunity for me to learn.
There is a possibility that there will be a full time position opening up about the time that Ben and I move, provided he gets the job at Smyrna. If this happens, they already have pretty much promised me that job. I couldn't ask for more. St. Thomas already has 7 physicians on staff and are looking to get 2 more which means a large patient flow.
They are excited that I have my registry. They asked me what I will be doing for my CEUs (continuing education) which is required to keep my registry. I told them that I'd probably go to a sleep seminar they have each year but they said if I wanted that they hold a montly meeting that counts for 1 hr. That's a nice perk. Although I'm not full time there is another nice perk too. All employees there PRN or full time are eligible for their 401k package. So we'll see what all the offer has. I'm excited though!
7 years ago
1 comments:
YAY, make them pay!!
Post a Comment