CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

The word is out...

This was going to be saved for a Christmas surprise for all...but who knew keeping good news a secret would be so hard??!!??

I am officially pregnant. Both families now know so this is why I am posting details now for those who want to know. We've known for about 3-4 weeks now. We wanted to keep it a surprise till Christmas because that would put me about 10-11 weeks along and would lessen the chances of another miscarriage. Thanksgiving day we took Caitlin over to see mom and I felt terrible. It's hard to keep pregnancy a secret from your mother when she can tell you are not feeling well. I didn't explain why I didn't feel good and she didn't ask too many questions about it. Friday morning while hanging out with Bryan and Lisa though, I spilled the beans. Lisa was just being silly and asking me when we were going to have kids and I caught her off guard and told her we were pregnant. Mom overheard me in the kitchen and came out with big smiles and hugs. I just knew that after feeling terrible for a week and seeing mom as often as I do that I couldn't keep it a secret for long. We didn't tell many others early on just because we were still trying to keep it a secret from Ben's family. I didn't want people to say something to me over facebook and spill it to my inlaws. This past Wednesday Ben went with me to my doctor and we had some blood test done. They wanted to check my hCG levels to determine how far along I am and to make sure we weren't having problems like last time. Doc called me yesterday and my hCG levels were 191,000 which puts me well over the mark for 8weeks which is what doc thought I was. With such good levels, Ben was busting a gut to tell his family. I consented and he called his folks and I then told the rest of my family. My first ultrasound is scheduled for two weeks from now. It looks like it will be a July baby...I do no look forward to a hot 3rd trimester but we are excited to be starting our little family. I am holding my excitement until I get past the constant 24/7 nausea that I have currently been dealing with.

Other news: Ben is still waiting to test for the driver position at work. The chief had said that they wanted to complete promotions before Christmas but nothing has been done as of yet. We will see what happens. Meanwhile Ben is still working hard doing two full time jobs and I'm trying my best to continue to work through the nausea. We want to knock some stuff out before I'll have to quit work when the baby comes. There's no way I could find a 24hr babysitter to be able to continue to work...nor would I ask that of anyone. So I will probably cut back to part time or not at all. We will see what happens next summer.

7 comments:

The Haddock's

Yippee Ki Yi Yay I am so excited. Lol. (Don't know if that spelling makes much sense but ya get the point)

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

Yeah! Congrats girly- I am way excited to be an Aunt......so..any names? I'll call ya soon

Anonymous

Congratulations! You should get a copy of The Miracle of Me. It’s written from the unborn baby’s perspective about how the baby grows and develops. Great child-friendly tool for parents to explain fetal development. While intended for kids, I have a soft spot for it myself admittedly. Uses in-utero photography and rulers/scales so you can "see" the baby’s progress. A must have, for sure. I highly recommend it.

Mangum Life
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mangum Life

WHOOHOOO!!!! I'm way excited by this news... can't WAIT to be an aunt. We'll be in the middle of school of the birth unfortunately but we're going to start saving to come down for the baby blessing
:-) Congrats!!!!!!!!!

chris and julie

Congratulations!! If you need anything I am just a hop and a skip away!!! I hope its a boy so Landon can have a friend, but if its girl I guess he can have a girlfriend. However it will have to wait till he is 18!!

The Fergi Fam

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! You guys are going to be great parents! Its the best thing in the whole world!!! Good luck with the nausea don't worry it does end...if nothing else it'll definitely be over in July! ;) j/k hope it's sooner for you