CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Clippie and Ribbon overload

I think it might be safe to say that I've been very preoccupied (obsessed) with making bows for Alli this week. I talked to Shannon about it some and once she saw how easy it was, she became very obsessed with researching them as well. She and I have downloaded so many tutorials to see what kind of fun things we can make. Below are some that I have made with a very simple bow on top of the clip. These are cute but not my favorites.These are my absolute favorites. These are bug bows!! I've made a dragonfly, butterfly, bee and lady bug. So stinking cute!
Another angle of them to see their cuteness.
Here are some more small clippies with hand tied bows. Then below them is a basic covered clip with a flower applique and a rinestone center. Cute cute.
This is my next project. Before I get much further making bows and clips for Alli, I'm going to have to make her something for them to be kept on. I could buy one of these but this will also be super easy to make. All I need is to find some kind of decorative wood piece. I will paint it white. Stencil Alli's monogram ASL and then use the left over paint I have from making her lamp shade and polka dot the wood. Then add ribbon hanging down and WHALA! So here is the next thing I'm debating. I like making them and they are super easy....so I've debated whether or not I should try making them to sale on etsy.com. The only thing is that there are probably 100s of other people doing the same thing, so I don't know if it is worth it...Also there is another girl in a neighboring ward who makes adorable big bows like you can see above in the bow holder and I don't want to compete with her locally. She does make some clippies but I think she primarily makes the bigger bows. Anyway, not sure if it's worth it. Right now its more or less to handmake things for Alli. What do you guys think?