7 years ago
Friday, April 9, 2010
Unexpected job offer....
Yesterday I had an unexpected job offer. Paul (former boss at Baptist) texted me and told me that in September they would be opening a lab in Murfreesboro. For two years, Paul had been teasing me with this possibility and said he would put me on days. That was before we had Alli...of course I wanted that then. So when I put in my letter of resignation in December, he made sure to ask me if I was still interested in something on days if Murfreesboro ever opened up. I told him, make me an offer and we'll see. Well...he did. They want me to work PRN days in Murfreesboro running the MSLTs. MSLTs are day studies that follow overnight studies. They are used to further diagnose a sleep problem if the overnight PSG shows no sleep problem. That is why this job would be considered PRN. Even though they would schedule me to come in to work, if the overnight PSG showed the patient has sleep apnea, for example, then they have already diagnosed the sleep problem and the MSLT would not be needed. In that instance, I would be called off and would not go into work. Paul said he wants to run MSLTs one day a week, two at the most. I'm assuming my hours would range from 7am to 5pm roughly. While I love being a stay at home mother...and would change nothing about it...I have been thinking about ways that I could help Ben bring in some extra money to get us out of some debt. If we didn't have the debt...I wouldn't even consider the job. So Ben and I have talked about it and I think we're going to do it. I would be home before Alli goes to bed for the night and she would be staying with her Grammy Smith. Marilyn has graciously offered to watch her for us and I know it will be special bonding time for them! If ever this job begins to interfere with my role as mom, or if I feel that it isn't in Alli's best interest...then I will quit. But for now, I will use it in the effort to put us in a better position financially. Heavenly Father has always taken care of us and for that I am grateful. Ben has been so blessed to be given the amount of work to compensate for my not working. Hopefully now I can get us out of debt quicker and he can soon slack off how much he has to work. So we'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds perfect!!
This is awesome! I know you will do what is best for your family. I enjoyed doing MSLTs in Knoxville....though that 2hr chill period gets a little boring at times ;-P .... Good Luck!
Post a Comment