I have always been one of those people that gets very emotionally attached to family. So it eats me up when I can't see some of them as often as I would like. This week is a prime example of that. Brittany and Jay (Ben's youngest sister) went into early labor with their first child Michael. He was born about 2.5 weeks early. Everything went fairly smooth but he was having some breathing difficulty and they were keeping a close eye on him. About 24-36hours old, they realize Michael has had a collapsed lung and had to be air lifted to the closest NICU. They are currently in Alaska and the closest NICU was a good distance. So little Michael and his dear parents have been in our thoughts and prayers as well as many others. He is doing much better and looks to be getting out of the NICU by Thursday. With all the crazy events, pictures have been few and far between. Marilyn sent us a couple the other day and Jay sent these today. I must say, Michael is a little stud!


These pictures make me want to fly out to Alaska and hold this little angel in my arms. After having Alli, and after seeing all these adorable little babies born since Alli, I can see now why people want to jump back into having another one. **Disclaimer** No this does NOT mean we will be trying again soon. I can just understand that motherly tug on your heart to fill your home with the precious gifts from God. My life has never been as blessed as it has to have had Alli. If I could provide, protect and have the energy to raise a whole house full, then I would want just that, but unfortunately this is not the case. I am so thankful to have what I do have. Anyway, I just wanted to share these sweet pictures with you all. We are very happy for Britt and Jay and hope they are able to return home soon with their bundle of joy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment