CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I may be sporting a black eye...

Ok...I love my daughter so much...and its a good thing too...because she can really inflict some pain. Tonight I was lying on her bedroom floor talking to Ben and Alli had walked behind me to go to her bookcase. Next thing I hear is her walking toward me, and then WHAM! I get smacked in the face by one of her toys...Not just ANY toy...probably the heaviest toy she has. Oh my goodness that hurt. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I think Ben was in shock! haha. We aren't sure if she tripped and dropped it on my face or if she just dropped it on my face because that seemed like a good idea. Needless to say, my poor cheekbone is puffy and bruised. I just might be sporting a black eye tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a picture if it happens. :) The joys of motherhood. I just couldn't be mad at her. Ben told her to apologize but I'm not even sure she did it on purpose...although she did smile when I said ouch...not a good sign...appears she might like to inflict pain...gonna have to nip that in the bud.

Conference was great this weekend. I loved so many of the talks. It was nice to have Ben home today to enjoy it with us. It's easy to forget things you should be doing and become complacent. Then conference rolls around and you hear the words from God's inspired Prophet and apostles and it really uplifts and re-centers your purpose. To make the weekend even better, the sun came out, it was 70 degrees and the wind was blowing....LOVE IT.

0 comments: