Moving on. . .
We were upset but we went back to the drawing board and have noticed another house over in the Hunters Point subdivision. We love this area. We drive through it often on our way to that side of town. We've noticed this house has been vacant for a while and recently went bank owned. Rod took us through the home and we think it just might work for what we want out of a home. If we can get it for just the right price then we can get a "203k loan" which allows us to add money on top of the price of the home for the cost of repairs and upgrades to the home. So we will see how this plays out. We're going to take a look at it tomorrow with a contractor to get a rough estimate on what it would cost for the work that needs to be done to it. We are excited and see the potential but we HAVE to get the house at the right price or it just isn't worth it. So here it is:
I like that it puts us closer to a part of town that I shop at most. It also puts us closer to mom's and Shannon and Rusty's. So...as with all things...if it is supposed to work out...it will.I can tell Alli is getting closer to the lovely age of 2!! Within the last week she has developed a high pitched scream during her "fits". We have successfully developed the toddler temper tantrum. I can't help but laugh sometimes. It is so comical to me when she gets so worked up. I know it doesn't help the situation so I try not to laugh where she can see. I try to remain patient and calm with her and without giving in to what she is pitching a fit over...she eventually calms down after a minute or two and we are over it.
One funny thing Alli is doing lately is telling people bye bye. If she is in the front yard or anywhere she can see cars drive by, she will wave at them and say "bye bye". It's pretty cute. One day she was in the front yard with me and someone drove up to the stop sign at the cross street in front of our house. Alli began waving and saying bye bye to them. They turned left in front of our house to leave the neighborhood. They saw Alli waving at them and waved back. Alli continued to wave and say bye bye so in response they put they hand out their sunroof and gave her a very big wave bye bye. I love how outgoing she is. It's pretty funny and cute.
She likes to do things to be helpful and feel like a big girl. Tonight, she helped me hang her shirts on hangars and I lifted her up to hang them in the closet. She also loves to stand on the stool and help me "cook". She also helps me water plants and feed the dogs. Her face lights up and she gets this huge grin. I try to encourage her as much as I can to do these things and to build her confidence and her desire to help. She's growing up so fast!
0 comments:
Post a Comment