CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Prayer Request

I posted this on facebook already but thought I'd mention it here as well in case someone misses it.

Anyone who knows my Ben knows that it has always been a lifelong passion of his to be a firefighter. He doesn't want to stop there though. He wants so badly to progress in his field and learn anything and everything he can. Every time a promotion has opened up that he was eligible for, he would apply. He has been passed up on 3 driver promotions. We aren't sure why and are not really sure it even matters. In a lot of ways the fire service is a buddy system. Those who are well liked by the higher ups get the promotions. Ben works very hard, he tries not to allow the negativity of others at work pull him into the cycle of complaining, and he always does what he is told (no questions asked). This cannot be said for many of the guys on the department. Ben has not hid the fact that he wants to promote up and that he seeks further training and growth.

It is time once again for driver promotions at work. Ben (as always) received a good evaluation this year. Something new to this driver promotion is the requirement that you had to get an evaluation score above a 3.0. This may have knocked quite a few guys out of even applying but this really doesn't even matter. Ben deserves this promotion and this is his only way he can go to the fire academy to get the extra training he so badly wants. The department won't send you to training unless you are getting promoted to something. So, I'm requesting prayers on Ben's behalf. This week they will be taking their driver tests (probably Thursday for Ben). Ben will have to answer questions on basic fire fighting knowledge and knowing how to get to various places within the city by displaying street by street turns. Ben knows his job and knows it well and I would love to see him get the promotion he rightfully deserves! I pray he does well on his test and has a good interview in the upcoming weeks. I'd appreciate (and I know he would too) any and all prayers and thoughts on his behalf this week and in the weeks to come!

0 comments: