CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just sit back and chill

This is something I've never been good at...chilling...After a long exhausting process over the last few months of we're selling our house...we're not selling...back to we're selling our house....we found a house we love...we lost the house we love...

We have once again decided to just sit tight and not sell our house. A culmination a many things has brought us to this decision. Go ahead...if you feel like you are on a seesaw when you read about our plans then I'm right there with you.

The potential buyers that we had for our home have failed to contact us for 1.5 months. Maybe not that long but that's what it feels like. They weren't going to be a traditional sale anyway. They were interested in a lease purchase option. So now that we do not have any offers on the house, the house hasn't shown in 3-4 weeks, and there is NOTHING on the market that we like (in our price range)....we really began to look at the overall picture. We have so many things going on in our life right now. Ben is once again applying for a driver position at work (please please please pray for him that he gets this position. There is so much stuff going on at work right now and we really need a moral boost here). Our neighborhood continues to go downhill in the sense of all the homes in foreclosure that are dropping the values of our homes. We just found out this week that there is a home on our street that is 1450 sq ft that either just sold or is listed at $90000 under foreclosure. How can we compete with that? We have 1500sq ft and bought our house for $144900. Our only option would be to rent our home in the event we found a house we wanted to move into and we just aren't sure we are comfortable handling a rental property right now.

So...we are taking the house off the market...again...and we are going to sit tight and chill. We want to wait and see how things pan out in a multitude of areas. I want things to feel settled for a bit. Alli's 2nd birthday is coming up and Ben and I've said from the beginning that we would like a 2-3 yr gap between our kids. So we will probably be considering having another child before long. We would love to have at least 2 kids so that Alli isn't an only child and grows up with a brother or sister that she can be close to and have as her best friend. I love my siblings and have many fond memories of our childhood and adult years. I would love for Alli to one day say her brother or sister is her best friend.

I was really hoping that Alli would be out of diapers by the time we add another child to the mix but this monkey is just bound and determined to delay the potty training process. I know kids MUCH younger than her already close to being out of diapers. Alli runs from me when I tell her she needs a diaper change...not a good sign. This monkey has been on her OWN schedule from day one. She was lazy about crawling....lazy about walking and now she will be lazy about potty training. So...work in progress....

Have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

chris and julie

By the way---the first child does not typically potty train early. And the average age for potty training is 2 and a half. So you still have plenty of time!! Besides why the rush to grow up?! And diapers are way easier than stopping every 30 mins to go potty!!

Smith1230

LOL true Julie, but I am tired of my big diaper bag!