I had not taken Alli to the local splash pad until today. Supposedly today was the opening day. You can't beat that it is less than 10 minutes from my house and free! Normally this place is packed and that is enough of a deterrent for me. I don't like over crowded places and neither does Alli. But today our church's mother's group got together at the splash pad and I thought it would be fun to go with a bunch of Alli's friends from church.
We didn't plan or consider how many cicadas would be around the water. Many of the kids were screaming and wanted nothing to do with it. Alli didn't mind all the much. In fact, she touched one after I pointed it out to her and touched it myself.

It took her a good 45 minutes to an hour to get comfortable with the water spraying everywhere. She loves water but wants it splashed on her terms. After most of the play group had left, Alli decided it was time to start having fun. So we stayed an extra hour.


She had a great time and I think we may try to go back tomorrow when Ben is home to enjoy it with us. This month is a perfect time to go since the cicadas will keep it from getting over crowded and Alli didn't mind them!

0 comments:
Post a Comment