Well January is flying by. I'm very quickly nearing the end of my first trimester. The last week or two I have had the worst complication of this pregnancy....lack of sleep. This is a terrible thing when I work nights. You are already so tired when you work nights that if you do not get a good nap in or sleep well the day after....you're messed up for days! I'm waking up all the time, can't seem to get comfortable and the newest complication is the sinus infection/drainage that is making it hard to breath. I can't complain though because overall I still feel pretty good and I can still work which is a great blessing!
So I've already shared this with a few of you but this is by far the funniest thing that has happened to me while being pregnant. I had my first pregnancy emotional meltdown the other night. Poor Ben handled it like a champ! So I will share this in hopes that everyone gets a good laugh.
Last wednesday, after I woke around 3pm, I tried to enjoy my day off with Ben. I had just finished my three nights of work and wednesdays are usually very hard for me energy wise. Ben had been called off work at the ambulance for thursday so we decided to stay up late and watch The Dark Knight since I hadn't seen it yet. We finished the movie around 1am and headed to bed. I should've been exhausted by this point, but instead of falling asleep quickly I tossed and turned as I couldn't get comfortable. Ben, like usual, fell asleep very quickly. Mitzi was on the right corner of the bed and Pepper and Sammy were sleeping over near me. Normally the dogs are very good about staying off to the sides and giving us plenty of room to sleep. Although, this night I was highly sensitive and uncomfortable so them being near me at all made me feel like I couldn't get comfortable. After changing position several times, I tried scooting over to push the dogs out of the way....this didn't work. Next I tried pushing them over. This strained my belly so I quit and realized that as much as I didn't want to wake Ben up...I needed his help. So I sat up in bed in frustration. I looked around the bed at Ben sleeping and then all the dogs sleeping and snoring and I burst into hysterical tears. Much to my surprise though, this did not wake Ben. Well due to my hysteria and nasal congestion I had to blow my nose. So I had to climb over the pile of dogs to get the the Kleenex. Finally back in the middle of the bed I realized I had to calm down in order to get Ben's help without freaking him out. So I controlled my emotions and tried waking Ben up. I touched his shoulder, called his name, played with his hair but NOTHING woke the boy. Finally I shook him a bit and I said, "Baby, I'm sorry to wake you but I need your help." No sooner than I got the words "I need" out of my mouth I started sobbing again. Ben reacted just like I didn't want him too and he shot up in bed freaking out that something was wrong. I tried to calm him but it was hard to explain what was going on through my tears. I tried telling him that my pregnany hormones had me crying and that everything was ok. He still didn't know what was wrong and pulled me in close and just hugged me. Eventually I controlled my crying enough to explain that I needed his help moving the dogs. He quickly got the dogs out of the way and we were able to lie back down. It was the most rediculous thing ever! Ben asked me the next day "what in the world happened last night?" All I could answer was, "Pregnancy!" HAHA...oh well. I found it funny. Poor Ben though...he seriously thought that someone had broken into the house and I was in hysterics. He had no clue what was wrong. Needless to say though, the next night when I woke up and found Pepper in my way and was telling her to move; Ben quickly woke up without my prompting and helped me move Pepper. He's so patient with me and my crazy hormones. Mom found the story very funny! I hope you all did too.
7 years ago
4 comments:
Oh Heather, that story had me laughing!! Keep posting your pregnancy stories-hormone highs and weird dreams! :D Love ya!
I so needed a good laugh again today and of course just reading that story again done it for me. I love it. and a big whoop whoop to Ben for handeling it like a Champ. lol
lol!! Looking back on pregnancy is soooo funny!!! I remember those days well! I would tell Daniel that my eyes were just leaking. I had no clue why I was crying! Hang tight and keep up the good work. :)
Yeah I was laughing at myself the other day cause I was watching some stupid commercial and started tearing up...I said " NO I WILL NOT CRY AT THIS!!" haha
Post a Comment