CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Moving again?????

Ben woke me this morning with a text message saying that he is being move AGAIN at work. We are really beginning to think that they like to play with people's minds. Ben is being moved to station 2 at the airport. It is a slow station and there is a guy that will be at the station that Ben has worked with before. This guy got Ben moved to Station 3 back when he was first at Station 5. This guy for some reason has ill will towards Ben. He walks around with a chip on his shoulder about everyone and everything. So we'll see how long Ben is at Station 2. HAH. Oh well. We are still waiting to hear about the driver position. They have yet to do interviews. I hope Ben passed his test so he will make it to an interview. He has put so much study time in preparing for it. Anyway Ben isn't upset about the move. He gets the opportunity to work with some of the guys he was hired on with. So it should be good.

With the new year I've started trying to get back into the whole genealogy thing. I'm back to the Love line trying to confirm all the information that grandmother gave me. With the new family search.com I've been checking all the temple work on these families. I found two interesting things. In grandmother's Richardson line, one of the men marries a Barrett. This Barrett line goes all the way back....I didn't have the patience to see how far back it goes but the last name I looked at was in the 800s. These families hit royal lines that were then traced back FOREVER! Needless to say I quit checking those line because it was obvious there were millions of names and the work was undoubtedly done. So moving on. But what I also found in that same line back in the 1500s, there was another Richard Love. So dad had a great great whatever grandfather with the same name. I thought it was pretty cool. I don't think grandmother even knew this because it wasn't in the information she gave us. This name was one that we linked up to with others who were doing the same work on our lines. Cool huh?

I also found some really interesting stories once we got into the royal lines. I found numerous Knights who were involved in wars with famous Kings or who were beheaded due to treason against the King. There is some very interesting stuff you run into.

I may have a lot of time on my hands to do this research as work is getting very slow and we are getting called off a lot. This is bad for the paycheck though. ;( This week 1 tech was called off Sunday. Me and another tech were called off last night, and there were only 2 patients scheduled for tonight so there may be only 1 tech working out of the 6 of us who are full time! This isn't good! The first of the year is a hard time. Patients haven't met their deductibles so they are reluctant to do a study when they will have a copay to meet.

As a last note, I can't wait to hear news on how Lisa and Eli are doing! It's fun having another Nephew in the world!

2 comments:

Andrew

As you might remember, I extracted all of the Love/Richardson data that is on AncestralFile (the old one). I have all of the data in a paf file (or GEDCOM) if you or anyone else wants it. It is interesting to look through list the 19,580 people, many of whom have interesting Wikipedia pages.

Smith1230

Yeah I'd rather do it the hard way ;) I'm going back through and making sure the information that is "extracted" is actually correct information.