- Wake: Take blood sugar
- Take blood sugar 2 hours after breakfast
Lunch: 3 starch, 3 meat, 1 veg, 1 fruit, 1 milk and 1 fat
- Take blood sugar 2 hours after lunch
Dinner: 3 starch, 3 meat, 1 veg, 1 milk and 2 fat
- Take blood sugar 2 hours after dinner
As if this wasn't a lot to think about, then I have to consider portion size...so there is a lot of measuring and realizing what is a starch, what is a meat or a meat substitute and what is a fat. I can't eat without looking at my dang CHARTS!!! It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to be good and do what they tell me. I don't want Alli to be fat and I definitely don't want to develop Type 2 diabetes. I have to record everything I'm doing over the next week and I meet with the perinatologist, Dr. DeRoche next Thursday in additional to Dr. Riley, my OB. Our biggest concern is how this will all work while I'm working nights. Dr. DeRoche says to try my best and we'll tweek it if we need to. So far my wake and breakfast blood sugar levels were under where they needed to be...but not by much. So I feel like I don't have a lot of wiggle room.
ok. Well we have a 3d/4d ultrasound scheduled for this Saturday. I will post pictures as soon as I get them. It will be neat to have a video of it as well.
Now...as for my most recent clutz moment...you guys who know me well will appreciate this. I got my hair cut today and then left to go pick up some supplies down the road from my house for Marilyn. I had never been to this place before. As I was coming out, I noticed the garbage man there picking up their trash. He saw me coming and very kindly moved out of my way so that I could go to my car. I wanted to thank him for his gesture and looked at him to say thank you. As I had looked at him to thank him and kept walking past him, this caused me to completely miss the fact that there was a 1 foot concret lip/step and I tripped over it and fell. Garbage man felt so bad and helped me up. I was so incredibly embarrassed and thanked him again and kept walking to my car. I quickly headed home to take care of my wounds. Once I got home I realized how bad it was. I hurt my left knee the worst!
I stubbed and scrapped the two first toes on my left foot
and scrapped the top and side of my right foot. I also banged up my palm and elbow on my right arm...Fabulous! The worst part was the Ben was at the fire hall today and was not around to help me get bandaged up. So I had to dig through all his medical supplies and find large bandages and gauze to get the dumb stuff cleaned out. It was a funny site. I was trying to get everything clean but its not easy when you have to maneuver around a pregant belly! Anyway here is a halfway decent photo of my haircut. Allison didn't do a whole lot different to it. She hooked me up with some new layers and bounce to give my hair some life until after Alli gets here. Then I will decide whether its easier to have long or short hair with a baby.
2 comments:
Oh Heather! lol - falling when that pregnant would NOT be fun. I keep bumping into things -but then again, I am clumsy by nature too ;-P
Wow, the diet sounds strict. But it will be good, get ya feeling better. You'll get the hang of it and not have to use a chart every time. When Don and I did the Body For Life challenge the other year we had to eat 6 meals a day and I felt SO MUCH better eating that way. ...right now my problem is eating,period. I do not have an appetite, nothing sounds good and everything upsets my stomach....been like this for a week. Hope it changes soon!
Wow girlie, alot going on. Hipefully this diet thing gets a little easier for you. That my clumsy little Heather for ya to go and fall like that. Looks like ya scraped it up pretty good
Post a Comment