CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

I knew something was coming...

So I've just had this gut feeling lately...I knew this pregnancy was...well...too perfect. Thankfully I haven't gained a lot of weight. I'm still hovering around 10-12lbs over pre-pregnancy weight and I'm 7months. I'm very grateful for this. All my bloodwork has been coming back normal and my blood pressure has been good. All good things. As I posted earlier, I had my gestational diabetes test last week. I had a feeling today that the results wouldn't be good. Don't know why..but I just had a feeling. The nurse called me today and said that my test results were high and they needed to test me one more time to confirm. The first test was a 1 hr test. Now I have to drink twice the amount of liquid and it is a 4 hour test! Wednesday night I have to fast from midnight until after the test Thursday. When I get to the office thursday at 8:30am I will drink the nasty liquid and wait 1 hr. Then they will take my blood. Then they will take my blood 2 more times every hour after that. So I will be there a total of 4 hours and blood drawn 3 times! sigh.... (unfortunately I'm finishing the 4th book of the Twilight series tonight so I will have to find something else to read. I'll have to read the books mom got me for Christmas)

So we are praying the results from the 2nd test are negative. Gestational diabetes is not good for me or the baby. It can lead to a host of problems now and down the road. Diabetes does not really run in my family. Grandma love has it but that's it that mom and I know of. A couple weeks ago I felt my sugar drop and Ben tested my sugar levels but they were normal. So I'm hoping this was a fluke. I should know the results by next week.

If I am diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I can only imagine that the treatment is as follows:
Diet control
Frequent blood sugar testing
Possible insulin shots
Exercise

We'll keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

The Haddock's

Hey girlie, we will be praying for ya. Let me know how it goes on Thursday. Love ya girlie

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

We are praying for you too. A good friend of mine had her baby in January and had G. Diab. the last 4months of it. She just had to take a pill everyday and watch her sugar/diet intake. The baby and her were fine the rest of the way and the baby is gorgeous. However, she (mother) did have her sugar drop after birth when she went to the use the restroom and blacked out,but they jut hooked her up to a IV bag with Insulin. I really think you and Alli will be okay :) But wish you well!!! xoxo

Smith1230

Thanks. I know we'll be ok...just frustrating twist on the situation. ;) I hate watching what I eat...I'm so not disciplined.

Mangum Life

no worries love it'll all work out just fine :-) We'll be praying for you as well