CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

32 Weeks Update

I went to see Dr. Riley and Dr. DeRoche today. Dr. DeRoche is pleased with my sugar levels. He says it looks like my diet is working the trick and I haven't even been that strict on the diet. He said just keep doing the 3 meals and 3 snacks and I should be fine. I will be doing an ultrasound with him in 2 weeks and a blood sugar test. Then I will follow up after the ultrasound with Dr. Riley.

When I met with Dr. Riley today the baby's heart beat was 138. Then Dr. Riley told me something I wasn't expecting! He said that from here on out I will have WEEKLY follow ups with him. Not only will I be following up with him weekly but he will be sending me over weekly to the maternity ward to be monitored by the hospital. He said that he knows it is a lot but it is necessary since I am "high risk" with the gestational diabetes. I wasn't sure what all the hospital would monitor on me. When I asked he told me heart rate and just make sure the baby is doing ok. So still not really sure what all they will do. sigh...so many doctors, so many appointments, so little time.

Here is another tidbit I wasn't expecting. Dr. Riley also said that we probably won't wait until the baby's due date to deliver!! So the baby may come as early as a week or two sooner!! So I have to get on the ball and prepare...SOON. That's all for now. I'll keep everyone posted.

0 comments: