Grandma Love has been in the hospital for the last week and a half and we finally know the result. Looks like congestive heart failure and pulmonary fibrosis. Grandmother is so frail and so tiny. After fighting her cancer so long, I don't think she has much left. This was confirmed by an email my aunt Janice sent tonight to the family.
"Saturday night, I had quite a long talk with Mother. She said that she didn't understand why she wasn't getting better--she'd had a blessing from Bro. Crook and Daddy. When I asked her if she remembered what the blessing had said, she said no and we talked about that. We talked about the conditions that she has and what the usual results are. We had a very good talk and I tried to give her information about her situation. I also reminded her that Bro. Crook had said that Heavenly Father said it was her decision to go and that he would help her know the right time.
Today when the Dr. came around with the test results, he said that the next step would be to transfer to a hospital in Shreveport to see a pulmonary specialist if that's what she wanted. She said that, no, she thought she would not do that. Then(according to Carolyn & Dad--I only heard part over the phone) she shared a beautiful testimony with Dr. Bolger and told him of our beliefs of what comes after this life. He had tears rolling down his cheeks as she did this. So, she has decided not to seek further treatment."
So grandmother will be released from the hospital to come home. Home health and probably very soon hospice will be taking care of her 24/7. Janice doesn't think grandmother has much longer. Now that grandmother has made the conscious decision to give up the fight, I'm pretty sure she will die before I give birth to Alli. Grandmother has lived a good life and has fought her illnesses long enough. She shouldn't have to suffer much longer but I regret that I probably won't be able to see her one more time. In fact I don't see her lasting long enough for me to even make it after Alli is born. I guess we'll see what happens.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment