CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pioneer Trek

Ben went Sunday night to the monthly youth discussion fireside. The Bishop announced that this summer the stake youth are going to all participate in a 3 day pioneer trek. They will make their own authentic clothes, sleep in authentic tents, eat food that the leaders provide (probably close to what they had during the trek west), forge through streams, woods, and hills and of course push a handcart. Ben is extremely excited about this event. He thinks that they will have a lot of fun. This is scheduled to happen in June so I definitely won't be going 8 months pregnant. HAH no way. I believe they are going to Sparta, TN for this, but I really don't remember all the details Ben told me. The Bishop asked if Ben would be able to make it because they would love to have someone medically trained there. I don't think Ben would miss this for the world. He has been researching authentic clothing ever since he found out Sunday night. I'm curious to see how the girls do with making their own dresses...haha yeah the girls weren't tickled about having to wear dresses for three days straight. We'll see how that goes.

The 25th is coming up soon. Just a few more days and we'll finally (provided the baby cooperates) know the sex of the baby. I want to know what everyone's bets are on what the sex will be. Leave me a comment and let me know. :)

6 comments:

The Haddock's

I say we are going to have a little baby Ethan and I can't wait. I am so excited to see what you are having and I know you are too. Then you get to start decorating the room. FUN FUN

Kara

You know there were women who were 8 months along on the trek west. Your a strong woman! You can do it. :) I'm not sure what you will have though most of the time the old wives stories and dreams aren't always true. I do know the baby will be loved. You and Ben will be great parents.

Shannon Hairr

I'm saying girl (just cause everyone else is saying boy) :) Caitlin needs a girl to play with!

Smith1230

haha too funny guys

Lindsey

I think that you will have a boy! You will love it. Little boys are the best:)

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

Don and I were a Ma and Pa for our Youth Pioneer Trek last summer! We were over 7 kids (in our "family") and it was three days off 100+F humid weather pushing handcarts,sleeping in tents, eating little. LoL It was an awesome experience and I would love to do it again! The youth did an excellent job on their clothing and we had such a fun time! I will have to send Ben (and you) some pictures from it to maybe give ya some ideas. ....I tell ya though, three days in summer heat and in a dress and long sleeves and no shower...yeah, three days is about the limit.