First and foremost thankyou to everyone for the birthday cards and well wishes.
Ben was recently canceled for all his scheduled shifts for February and as of right now no full timers are being allowed to take off and therefore no part time work is available for March. Ben heard from someone he thought to be a reliable source that Rutherford Co. was thinking about getting rid of their part timers. Ben called one of the station managers and got information right from the source. Joe told him that Rutherford Co. would never get rid of their part timers and that the lack of work is just a temporary gliche while they wait on approval by the county for enough money to help them make it to June when the next fiscal year begins. Joe told Ben that even if they did have to get rid of some part timers...Ben would not be one of them because he puts in his hours and is reliable. So even though we desperately want to pay off debt with that extra income...we are gladly being patient if it means Ben will have reliable work in a job that he loves. He really does enjoy working for Rutherford Co. He feels that he has found his niche there and really getting into the groove of this particular department.
Ben also went in last week and turned a resume in at MTMC ER. He was told by the nurses that a paramedic was about to quit and there would be an opening. We'll see what happens. ER work won't allow Ben to use his skills but it is extra work. So we will keep it as an option.
Meanwhile...I am still looking for some part time work that I can do from home. Outsourced sleep scoring is near impossible to find. People don't see me and my 1.5 yr RPSGT experience and 3 yr sleep experience as enough "knowledge" to be worth even responding to me about a job. So I am resorting to other possible options like data entry or medical transcription. I know this could be potentially menotenous and boring work but it is money and it would allow me to contribute to the family income without taking me away from the baby or requiring a day care service. So if anyone knows of any work out there that fits one of those two categories, I would be extremely interested. I'm really willing to try anything. I want to contribute to try to keep Ben from feeling the need to work so much.
The ultrasound in Wednesday and so far the guessing game of the gender is close:
Boy: Me, Christina (from work), Ashlie, Lindsey, All the nurses at the Urgent care
Girl: Kara, Shannon, Caitlin, Ashley
So I'm very anxious to see who is right. :) Ben has YET to say which way he thinks it will go. He is definitely riding the fence on this one.
Last thing to update. Ben spoke with Kyle Richardson tonight who is the Stake YM pres. and they want him to be the medical guy trekking with the kids. They are going to have a medical person hanging back with a vehicle but Ben will be the one actually out with the kids. He is so excited. This is exactly what he wanted to do. I will be sad to have him gone from that Thursday morning to Saturday night but I know he is looking forward to this.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment