CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

10 Day Check up

We went last Friday to meet with Dr. McCollum. Alli is doing very well. She is now 7lbs 2.5oz but still 19inches long. Her gas issues appear to be resolving each and every day that her intestinal tract matures. She has recently been a little fussy and appears hungry every 1.5 hours. Before she was eating every 2-3 hours. So we think she is going to through a growth spurt. She is keeping me on my toes! Today was Ben's first day back to work since his FMLA leave with Alli. I'm not sure how it was for him, but for me, I missed having his help and reassurance that I was doing everything I could for Alli. There are times when I feel really confident and think I'm getting the hang of motherhood and then she cries and I get tunnel vision and forget the simple things that will soothe her. Speaking of soothing her, it is time to feed and head to bed! We're hoping for a good night. This is my first night just the two of us. It should be fun! Dr. McCollum told us we could stop waking her every 2-3 hours to feed at night. So now we feed only when she cries at night. Last night she woke me to feed only once but I woke every hour to her cooing and squeeking. Anyhoo...off to take care of my girl!

2 comments:

Linda Love

I hope she was good to you last night.

The Fergi Fam

Dr. McCollum was Nate's doctor for a day...since we moved so fast after he was born but I loved him!! I was sad I had to change doctors. Good luck with everything!! Sure wish we could be there to see you guys. I'm sure you are a great mommy!! Remember to take some "you" time and relax. lol even if it's just going to the bathroom alone! :) Love ya! Have fun being mommy!