CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Delivery and Home

Alli's delivery went well....considering. We arrived at 4:30am, checked in and got fluids started. Dr came in at 7am and broke my water. We shortly thereafter got epidural and life was good. I progressed slowly at about 1 cm every 2 hours. Finally around 5:30 or so and after 3 extra bolus shots of more meds from the anesthesiologist, I was ready to start pushing. Alli was very stubborn though and refused to join us until 7:36pm. She weighed 6lbs 14oz and was 19in long. She has beautiful brown hair (which we hope she doesn't lose) and dark hazel/brown eyes. Its hard to tell what color they will really be.

Her first nights at home have been rough as everyone expects. Ben spent most of the first two nights taking care of her. Finally last night I was able to sleep enough to get up with him and we double teamed the efforts. Alli slept much better in her crib and we might be finally getting the hang of her cues.

Today we gave her a bath. Her hair was starting to get oily. Below are some pictures. I love the 3rd one. She is giving me the stink eye!