CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Food for Thought

Ashlie will appreciate this blog. She knows I have an addiction to cook books and new recipes. I get very bored very quickly with the same food week after week. I'm always looking for something new to cook. Ben is very agreeable to this as well. He loves to randomly pick a recipe and we'll give it one shot. If it's a keeper, then I type it up in my recipe book and we have a collection of all our favorites. The other night I decided to plan out the weeks meals and found two new recipes. We love them both and they are SUPER simple so I wanted to share them with you all.

Cheddar Chicken & Rice Skillet

What You Need
1/2 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
1-1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup sliced green onions

HEAT dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 min.

STIR in rice, broth and peppers. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Let stand covered, 5 min. or until liquid is absorbed.

ADD tomatoes, cheese and onions; stir until blended.

Marvelous Mini Meatloaves




What You Need

Take 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef, 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix and 1 cup water and mix & match your recipe from these options...

seasoning options add-in choices cheese possibilities
1 tsp. Italian seasoning spaghetti sauce KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 tsp. chili powder TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves chopped roasted red peppers ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder KRAFT or BULL'S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Then follow our 3 simple steps:

HEAT oven to 375°F. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and seasoning until well blended. Press into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.

MAKE indentation in center of each with back of spoon; fill evenly with 3/4 cup add-ins.

BAKE 30 min. or until meatloaves are done (160°F). Top with 3/4 cup cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted. Let stand 10 min.

TACO BELL® and HOME ORIGINALS® are trademarks owned and licensed by Taco Bell Corp.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Serving Suggestion
Serve with a hot baked potato and steamed seasonal fresh vegetables.
Make Ahead
Bake meatloaves as directed. Remove from muffin cups; cool completely. Place in single layer on baking sheet; freeze 1 hour. Transfer to airtight container. Store in freezer up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator, then reheat in 375°F-oven 20 min. or until heated through.
Special Extra
For a little kick, add 2 Tbsp. A.1. Original Steak Sauce to meat mixture before pressing into muffin cups as directed.

5 comments:

The Haddock's

mmm, mmm, mmm those sure look yummy. cant wait to try them

Shannon Hairr

I've done the mini meatloaves - yummy!! That one was from Kraft Foods. Love their recipes!!!

Smith1230

I know. I love them. So addicted. They used to send out the magazines free but the don't anymore. Now I have to look them up on the archives.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

Ooooo The first sounds yum yummmy! I will certainly give it a go! I love experimenting in the kitchen. I am not a huge meatloaf fan, but Don likes them -so I am sure I will try the cute minis as well. :D Thanks for the ideas~

Smith1230

Ash the mini meatloaves dont taste like meatloaf at all. I think the stuffing mix has a lot to do with it and you have 4 different flavoring options. It really is more like a modified meatball. We tried the italian. It was good.