So the last two days have been a nightmarish whirlwind. Three nights ago Alli slept great. She woke for her 3 hour feedings and was fairly simple to get to go back to sleep. We were so pleased. Then chaos hit Sunday night! She went to bed somewhere around 1030 and we woke her up around 1 to feed. The problem was that she couldn't go back to sleep after that. She would have brief moments where she was calm but the majority of the time she was screaming bloody murder. We got her quiet around 4am and put her in the crib. Both Ben and I got back to bed and soon as we were settled in, she started crying again. Ben thought she had a dirty diaper so he went to change that. I wake around 6am and realize Ben never came back to bed. He had been up another 2 hours trying to console her. Her poor tummy has been wreaked with gas pain. We didn't get her to sleep until we put her in the swing/vibrator. That bought us 2-3 hours of sleep. We had been using a variety of bottles trying to figure out which ones we like and which ones she likes. We had pretty much exclusively started using this one kind by gerber. Not anymore! Monday night was much of the same. About 5pm in the afternoon Alli started crying again with no consoling. We tried and tried but could not comfort her. No amount of Mylicon over the last 3-4 days has done anything to help her. We wish it helped Alli like it seems to help everyone else!
So at 9pm last night we went to Walmart and bought the Playtex bottles with drop in liners. They are a little more expensive but appear to keep the air out of the bottle, which makes her more comfortable. We got her to go to sleep around 1030 and was up again around 1am. I was so out of it that only Ben got up. He was up with her till 4am. I woke and gave him some relief. Ben took a cat nap on the bed while I rocked her. I had read in a book the pediatrician gave us that sometimes it comforts collicky/gassy babies to be laid on their sides while they are awake. So I laid her on my chest on her side. She finally fell asleep somewhere around 5am. I fell asleep with her in the recliner and woke around 6am. I woke Ben and we put her in the crib. She slept another 45 min and I got up with her again to feed and change her. The best part was that I was able to change and feed her in 15 min and have her back to sleep. I was back in bed by 715am and we slept till 10!!! It was great! She has been in the best mood since. I really hope this continues. She seems much more relaxed and comfortable. I hope all the gas is out of her system now.
7 years ago
3 comments:
Poor babies - all of you. I hope she is feeling better and the good luck continues!
Oh my poor thing. Sounds like you all have had it very rough. Hope it stays better for you all
Is this what awaits me? Yikes! hehe
Wow, sounds like such a rough time for all three of you! Hopefully the bottle will continue to help and she remain a happy, less-gassy baby. Good Luck!
Post a Comment